Thursday, 4 June 2015

I'm so excited!

This weekend marks my return to racing. I'm not running, but it's an endurance event anyway: the Half GeoQuest. It's my first long adventure race and I don't really know what to expect except for a healthy dose of sleep deprivation and way too much freezing!

I'm also not sure how my ankle is going to hold up. It's feeling a lot stronger, but with Sweden just seven weeks away I don't want to take any chances, so I'll be wearing my ankle brace. I've been doing some longer runs recently so maybe it will be ok. 

With Carol making a return as my crew, and her cousin and frequent adventure leader Clive on the team, I know I'm in good hands. Yep, even though I only met Dan last week and Howard tonight. We'll be fine! I won't be able to take my phone out on the course, so the photos won't be forthcoming (sadly), but I'll try to snap a few more before and after the race.

Tomorrow we've got gear checks and some competency tests. If they'd seen Susannah, Carol and my performance last weekend at the rogaine they wouldn't let us anywhere near the map and compass! I'm not looking forward to the cold weather and especially the cold water, but I'll make it.